Highest Award Received – Your Safety!
Since the early 1980′s, the Lemont Park District has been a member of the Park District Risk Management Agency, PDRMA. PDRMA is a self-insurance risk pool made up of over 150 Illinois Park & Recreation Agencies. The risk pool monitors and evaluates its members’ programs, procedures, policies and property. The park district staff has adopted safety as its goal for all participants. The staff is working towards making programs and property safe for all residents to participate in. Staff members attend workshops and seminars to learn about potential hazards, new procedures and equipment to make your experience in a program or event safe and fun for all ages.
The Lemont Park District’s Board of Commissioners and Staff are proud of the achievement in this program. Injuries and accidents have been reduced. Each year the Lemont Park District is evaluated in our efforts. Each year the Lemont Park District scores in the Excellent ‘A’ Rating. We will continue our efforts toward making the Lemont Park District’s facilities and programs the safest and most enjoyable. If you have any questions, concerns or thoughts on our parks, please contact the Lemont Park District at 257-6787.
Your safety is our number one goal. The following basic playground rules are recommended for your safety and the safety of others. Questions, concerns and comments about the district’s playgrounds may be directed to the Lemont Park District at 630-257-6787.
- Police, Fire or Medical Emergency Dial 911
- Play carefully.
- Do not use equipment when wet.
- Do not use play equipment improperly.
- No bare feet. Proper footwear in required.
- Report any damage or vandalism as soon as possible.
- Playgrounds are closed from dusk to dawn.
- Playgrounds are closed when surface material is frozen.
- Adult supervision recommended.
Thank you to all neighbors of our parks who watch over them and report damages, problems, and safety issues.
- All parks close at dusk unless activity has been authorized by the Lemont Park District.
- Dogs are not allowed on playgrounds.
- Pets must be on a leash if on park district property.
- Please do not air pets in public parks.
- Please – no glass beverage containers in parks.
- Golf is NOT allowed on any park district property.
- Please report any vandalism or broken equipment to the Lemont Park
Skate Park Rules:
This is a skate-at-your-own risk facility. This is a non-supervised facility designed for skateboarding and in-line skating only. Skateboarding and in-line skating are high risk activities. Protective equipment should be used at all times. use of this park may expose the user to serious injury including broken bones, paralysis or death. Know your ability and skate accordingly. Inspect the skating surfaces before you begin and remove any trash, debris or objects that may prevent A SMOOTH and safe ride. Do not skate if there is damage to the skating surface. Report any facility damage immediately to the Lemont Park District office at 630-257-6787.
- No skating when surface is wet or during routine maintenance periods.
- Bicycles, motorized vehicles, go-peds, roller skates, speed skates skateboards over 34” in length or other wheeled devices are not permitted in the skate park.
- No modifications to the skating surface or features are allowed. No skating on park structures not specifically designed for that purpose.
- Skating allowed only during posted hours of operation (Dawn-Dusk).
- No food, beverages or smoking allowed in the skatepark.
- Organized events require the prior approval of the parks and recreation department.
- This is a drug-free / alcohol-free recreation area.
- Abusive, profane or foul language or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
- No pets allowed in the skate park.
Failure to adhere to skate park and park regulations can result in loss of facility privileges and/or citation.
- No food or drink on the pool deck or inside the fenced-in area.
- Pool will NOT open if temperature is 68° or below.
- Anyone misbehaving or not following pool rules, will be asked to leave Centennial Pool.
- Cut-off shorts are not allowed in the pool.
- Children 10 years and under must be accompanied by a guardian 16 yrs. or older.
- No diving off sides of pool.
- The Lemont Park District reserves the right to close the pool earlier than the listed date if proper guard staff cannot be maintained due to school schedules.
- Pool staff will charge the daily walk-in fee to those persons who do not present their pool pass.
Pool Will Close if…
- If lightning is spotted and/or thunder heard, the Centennial outdoor pool will remain closed for a minimum of 30 minutes from the time it was last spotted or heard.
- If a thunderstorm watch/warning or tornado watch/warning has been issued for our area AND lightning is spotted or thunder heard, the indoor pool at The CORE will be closed for a minimum of 30 minutes from the time it was last spotted or heard.
- It is 68° or less. Decisions regarding the weather will be made twice daily, 12 noon and 3:30 pm. Please call 257-6787 for updates.
- The chemistry of the water is not at acceptable health standards.
Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. The following guidelines have been developed to help make programs safe and enjoyable for all participants. Participants shall:
- Show respect to all participants, staff, volunteers, equipment, supplies and facilities
- Refrain from using abusive or foul language
- Refrain from threatening or causing bodily harm to self, other participants or staff
The park district reserves the right to dismiss a participant from a program if their behavior or language is deemed inappropriate by staff. Lemont Park District applies a positive approach to discipline. Our staff will work with Tri-County Special Recreation Association and parents when special accommodations are necessary due to a participant’s disability. Lemont Park District reserves the right to dismiss a participant whose behavior endangers his or her own safety or the safety of others.
Centennial Community Center
Parents – The circular drive in front of the Centennial Community Center is a drop off and pick-up area only.
Please DO NOT PARK in this area as it is necessary for EMERGENCY VEHICLES to have immediate access to the building.
Tickets are issued. Thank You for your cooperation.